West Catholic High School will not close at end of the academic year
2/24/12 – Philadelphia, PA – On Friday, February 24, Archbishop Chaput, O.F.M. and the Archdiocese of Philadelphia announced that it has reversed its decision to close 4 high schools, including West Catholic High School, at the end of the academic year. The Philadelphia Archdiocese will allow Monsignor Bonner-Archbishop Prendergast to merge as one high school, and for Conwell-Egan, St. Hubert’s and West Philadelphia Catholic to remain open.
Please refer to the following links for information, and continue to check back for more updates.
- Saving West Catholic a Win for Community (Philly.com)
- How O’Neill Organized Effort to Save Four Catholic High Schools in Philadelphia (Philly.com)
- We Will Remain Open! (WestCatholic.org)
- West Catholic Students Overwhelmed by School’s Salvation (Philly.com)
- Four Catholic High Schools in Philly Avoid Closure (SheboyganPress.com)
- Philadelphia Archdiocese Gives High Schools Reprieve (Newsworks.org)
- The Archdiocese of Philadelphia Announces the Creation of the Faith in the Future Foundation (ArchPhila.org)
Leave A Comment