July 2, 1873: The General Chapter of 1873 ended on this day, with the Superior General (Brother Philippe) and delegates consecrating themselves and the Institute to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in a closing gesture. W. J. Battersby [FSC], History of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools in the Nineteenth Century (Part Two) 1850-1900. (London: Waldegrave, 1963), p. 38.
July 2, 1899: Three Christian Brothers sailed from San Francisco to eventually begin teaching at a parish grade school in Walla Walla, WA. A commercial department was added in 1909, but the Brothers were compelled to withdraw from Walla Walla in 1920. Brother Angelus Gabriel (FSC), The Christian Brothers in the United States 1848-1948: A Century of Catholic Education (New York: Declan McMullen Co., 1948), p. 389.