September 24, 1958
In a letter dated “Feast of Our Lady of Ransom, 1958” [September 24], the first editor of Lasallian Digest, Brother Robert of Mary (Pace) explained to his readers that the word “Lasallian” was coined by Brother Lucard in France in the 1880s, was popularized by Brother Goffredo in Italy during the 1930s, and was sanctioned through repeated usage by Institute historian Georges Rigault.
Lasallian Digest, Vol. 1, No. 1 (Fall 1958), p. 5.