September 29, 1928
The entire Motherhouse property (formerly known as “Magnolia”) of the New Orleans-Santa Fe District, located near Lafayette (LA), was formally dedicated by Bishop Jeanmard. The Junior Novitiate had been erected there in 1923, and the novitiate moved there in 1927.
Brother Angelus Gabriel (FSC), The Christian Brothers in the United States 1848-1948 A Century of Catholic Education (New York Declan McMullen Co., 1948), pp. 544-548.