The 3rd annual Religious Brothers Day will be celebrated on May 1, 2019. Religious Brothers Day is a recognition and celebration of the gift of the vocation of religious brotherhood. Members of the Church are invited to “shed light on the identity of the Religious Brother and the value and necessity of this vocation.”
The 48th annual Religious Brothers’ Conference Summer Assembly will be held July 15-18, 2019 at the Oblate Renewal Center, San Antonio, Texas. The featured presenter will be Brother Armand Alcazar, FSC, theology professor at Lewis University and member of the Saint Mary’s Press research team.
The Religious Brothers Symposium 2020 will take place April 4, 2020 at Boston College. The keynote speaker will be Brother Guy Consolmagno, SJ, director of the Vatican Observatory and president of the Vatican Observatory Foundation.
A new website – ReligiousBrothers.org – has been launched. The site features events, news, profiles for and about Religious Brothers, and links to community websites.
Ideas for celebrating:
- Community Prayer focused on the vocation of Brother.
- Sharing of vocation stories with communities, colleagues, students.
- Grace before meals focused on giving thanks for this special vocation.
- A special meal in honor of the day and the vocation of Brother.
- Prayer for Religious Brothers Day read over the PA or TV at the beginning of the day on May 1.
- Ask a Brother(s) to share his/their vocation story in morning announcements or in Religion classes on May 1.