Status: Full-Time, 12-month Administrative (exempt)
Office: Administration & Finance
Accountability: Director of Advancement
Annual Performance Evaluation
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of successful fundraising experience, preferably with a Roman Catholic Religious organization, Community, or Institution.
- Ability to support and promote Roman Catholic Value and the Mission of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, District of Eastern North America (DENA).
- Excellent comprehensive written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly with mature clientele.
- Experience in Blackbaud Raisers Edge desired. Other development database proficiency may be accepted.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Outlook, Word, and Excel. Working knowledge PowerPoint is also a plus.
- Very good overall understanding of computer, web, and social media.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or e-mail marketing programs would be a plus.
- Team player able to work as part of DENA team and office culture.
- Self-starter with strong desire to support the mission of the Christian Brothers
- Assist the Director of Advancement in promoting the Lasallian Mission of the District; and inviting and engaging others in the support of that mission as donors and benefactors. As a member of the District’s Mission Advancement Team, collaborate with other team members on all aspects of planning and operations for the ongoing success and growth of all District development and fundraising activities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Mission and Brother Related
- Articulate, with enthusiasm and authenticity, the Lasallian Mission of DENA.
- Assist in structuring and implementing a plan that will establish and grow donor support and involvement for DENA’s mission ¬based programmatic needs, especially for Tuition Support, Mission activities, and continuing care of Brothers.
Administrative & Management
- Assist in the management and oversight of appeals; production, response handling, and acknowledgement (including Lasallian Notes newsletter and other District Development Communications).
- Specific responsibility for implementation of new procedures and initiatives to increase donor response rates and retention levels.
- Coordinate Annual Memorial Mass, and potentially other donor activities and events.
- Increase outreach to Foundations, Family Foundations, and Donors giving through Donor Advised Funds.
- Liaise with Communications Department regarding Development on web & social media.
- Assist as needed with Development initiatives including but not limited to Planned Giving and Mass card promotion, prospect research, affinity groups, increasing donor base.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement which are consistent with the goals and requirements of this position.
- Occasional evening and weekend availability as needed.
- Flexibility for limited travel.
- Salary and benefits is commensurate with position responsibilities, experience, and qualifications.
- Location of District Advancement Office is Lincroft, NJ.
- Position is available immediately.
This position will provide an aspiring development professional who already has some experience to shine. The right candidate will be stepping into a unique, growing development effort that was formed by merging four regional offices. Your efforts will help strengthen our existing development efforts, improve and implement development best practices in appeals, donor stewardship, research, and much more. While knowledge of traditional fundraising practices is important, the successful candidate will also possess the ability to creatively fit these practices into the unique experience of fundraising for the District office of a Religious community. We do encourage and support continued professional learning and growth of our professional staff.
Please submit resume and references to Mr. Patrick Donahue at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday March 6, 2020. Rolling interviews for selected candidates will be scheduled until the position is filled.