June 22, 2020
Dear Brothers and Lasallians,
This is our final Monday morning iContact message. Henceforth, we will share future matters pertaining to COVID on our regular Wednesday Weekly Updates. (In fact, we will include a remarkable reflection by Charlie O’Connell this Wednesday.)
We appreciate the feedback we have received over these 15 Mondays. During these months, we have had the opportunity to share resources, many of which have been brought to our attention by our Brothers. So many of these resources are still relevant, so feel free to review the prior Monday messages (all are still available on our DENA website).
Remember, as the summer months progress, should you locate resources that we can share with the communities, please send them to anyone of us.
Finally, the Monday messages have given us the opportunity to communicate about the health status of Bob Schieler and Charlie Barbush. In our long list of prayer intentions, let us keep both of these Brothers on that list as they return to good health.
Relating to COVID:
- AARP. Many of us are members of AARP (membership begins at 50!) Their website is updated with a full range of matters pertaining to the COVID-19 virus itself as well as staying healthy through these months.
- Sharing Our Own Reflections. We have been blessed with a wonderful variety of personal reflections by Brothers (and Chris Lackey) over these months. Today, we have a beautiful reflection by Augie Nicoletti who will shortly be completing his term as President of Ethiopian Catholic University. Thank you, Augie, for your international service and for this reflection that gives us insight into your Ethiopian and Bronx experiences.
- COVID-19 Testing. As we all begin to move about more this summer, it would be wise to take advantage of being tested. CVS is providing free testing. The Visitors have taken advantage of this service. The entire process takes about 10 minutes. Locate the nearest CVS pharmacy that is providing this service (not all of them are).
Relating to the events of the past month:
- Responding to Racism: A Lasallian Dialogue. This Thursday, the first of a monthly series of Lasallian Dialogues regarding Racism will take place. Over 800 have already registered, which indicates the heightened interest in this conversation among our Lasallians. Several DENA Lasallians have been part of this initiative hosted by the Lasallian Association of Colleges and Universities (LACU). Thank you. One can learn more and register at our DENA website.
- Prayer Service. A beautiful prayer service, prepared by one of us (not Richard nor Dennis) is available at this link.
- Within the prayer service, there is a song by Alicia Keys, eerily entitled, “Perfect Way to Die.”
Please continue following protocols. Stay healthy. Be in touch, as needed.
Richard Galvin Lawrence Goyette Dennis Lee