Lasallian Global Women’s Symposium
July 16-19, 2017
With the theme of Lasallian women as change makers this international gathering will bring together more than 100 women from around the Institute to:
- Recognize the distinct role and identity of women in the mission, especially as catalysts of change.
- Raise awareness that women are critical to enabling the achievement of mission goals and are essential to the future sustainability of the mission.
- Empower Lasallian women to have a confident collective voice.
- Develop ongoing relationships that support association between women, and provide opportunities for mutual growth and support.
- Promote the Lasallian vocation as a desirable and accessible option for young women and girls.
From the Lasallian Region of North America (RELAN) 10 women will be in attendance:
Alannah Boyle: Senior at Manhattan College studying Peace Studies and Philosophy
Tina Bonacci: Counselor/ Administrator at La Salle HS, Pasadena, CA
Lauren Davenport: Assistant Director of Retreats, Religion Teacher, Sacred Heart Cathedral Prep, San Francisco, CA
Maryann Donohue-Lynch: Associate Executive Director, Office for Mission and Ministry, Eatontown, NJ
Lori Dressel: Community Director, La Salle Manor Retreat Center, Plano, IL
Jacquie Martin: Lasallian Volunteer 15-17, First-year Lasallian Scholar, Manhattan College, NY
Haley Renison: Senior at Lewis University in Romeoville, Illinois studying theology and peace studies.
Pamela Jean Thompson: Director of Marketing, Professor’s Choice, Saint Mary’s Press.
Emily Vogel: Campus Minister at De La Salle Institute, Chicago, IL
Mary Wilby PHD: School of Nursing, La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA
Many prayers for these women and all the Lasallian educators making their way to Auckland!