8th Annual Women’s Retreat
April 3-5, 2020
La Salle Retreat Center
38-40 Noble Street
Narragansett, RI 02882
Registration includes all program materials, lodging, meals and retreat resources.
Arrival Friday, April 3 by 6:00pm for dinner.
Departure Sunday, April 5 at 12:30pm post-lunch.
If the retreat is full please contact Maryann Donohue-Lynch to be placed on the wait list. email@example.com
This 8th annual DENA Women’s Retreat will be a time for conversation, reflection, music, laughter, prayer and community building. Lasallian Women will consider how we use our agency and voice to bring light to situations of darkness on our communities, our families, our world and ourselves. We will celebrate the work of women in our global Lasallian family that are torchbearers.
Women’s Retreat Presenters
Christine (2018) and Elissa (2015) are both recipients of the District’s Distinguished Lasallian Educator of the Year Award which they received at the annual RELAN Huether Conference.
Christine Bridges Estes
Christine graduated from Stonehill College with degrees in English and Religious Studies. She holds a Master of Divinity from Harvard Divinity School and has been a high school teacher and campus minister. Currently she serves as Assistant Director of Service Immersions and Social Justice Initiatives at Providence College, RI.
Elissa Pensa Cerros
Elissa graduated from New York University with an MA in Theater and Media. She has ministered at La Salle Academy since 2000 as a Theater, Film and Video Production teacher, as Resident Scenic and Lighting Designer/Technical Director for the La Salle Players, and, for a number of those years, as Director of Arts Alive! Elissa was instrumental in establishing the Young Lasallian movement in RELAN and served on the International Council of Young Lasallians.
Past DENA Women’s Retreats
- March 2013: Together In Our Lasallian Association
- July 2013: RELAN Women’s Symposium, Russian River, CA
- March 2014: Companions of the Lasallian Journey
- April 2015: Living In the Merciful Presence of God (Pope Francis’ Year of Mercy)
- April 2016: Martha and Mary: The Eternal Dance
- March 2017: Roll Away the Stone!
- July 2017: Lasallian Global Women’s Symposium, Auckland, New Zealand
- April 2018: Listening with Our Hearts to Transform the World
- March 2019: Together & By Association: Joyfully Walking the Path
Follow the Women’s Retreat