…A VISION FOR LASALLIAN…
- Responds openly and with flexibility to the current needs of youth and their families.
Incorporates into current and new ministries creative and innovative approaches to education, evangelization, and services to youth, especially the poor
- Commits to responsible stewardship of our District ministries and resources, guided by the necessity for our ministries, current and new, to be sustainable and accessible, especially in light of our preferential option for the poor
- Promotes and engages in both service and advocacy for social justice, especially the rights of the child and the emerging needs of families
- Furthers our integral partnership with the global Lasallian Family, becoming a District without borders
Association for Mission that…
- Honors, respects and continually invites all Lasallians to grow in association for mission
- Embraces our shared charism by realizing that all Lasallians act as guarantors of mission
- Supports the identification of Brothers, Associates and Partners to serve as leaders for mission, providing for their spiritual and professional formation, especially in service to the poor
- Articulates the unique and complementary roles of the Brothers and other Lasallians in our shared mission in the 21st century.
- Expands existing Lasallian education and formation opportunities and develops new education and formation programs, especially at the local level which are accessible to all interested Lasallians.
- Recognizes the multi-cultural and multi-religious diversity of all Lasallians and is inclusive and respectful of all
- Affirm that all who are associated for mission are responding to God’s call, and recognizes and celebrates all vocations, whether religious, ordained, married, or single
- Call all Lasallians to be responsible for creating a culture of Lasallian Vocations in the District and commits, as a priority, ourselves and our resources to focused and imaginative programs to foster that culture
- Engage Brothers and Partners in deliberate efforts to identify and encourage young men to consider a life
- as a Brother of the Christian Schools, at all times trusting in God’s Providence
- Awaken Brothers and Partners to the emerging forms of Lasallian vocations and engages them in identifying and inviting women and men of all ages to enter and continue their Lasallian vocational journey throughout their lives
- Recognizes that we are part of a global Institute and mission in which communities of all types are valued and embraced
- Strengthens the fraternal bonds among the Brothers by honoring their different needs and talents, by offering support and encouragement, and by providing a vibrant prayer life.
- Strengthens the relationship among all Lasallians and promotes the creation of communities that best support and encourage them in ministry.
- Respects in all Lasallian communities the diversity in age, ability, and ministry of all members in support of mission.
We Lasallians of the District of Eastern North America, welcome the call of the Holy Trinity to touch hearts, as we strive to be a friendly face of the Church for those entrusted to our care, realizing that ours is a mission of privileged service that is very necessary in these times.